Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hawaii for the Sony

I What looked like a exciting week to anticipate our first PGA event of 2015 turned out to be much different than expected. Although it may have caught us off guard, God had other things in store for the 12 days in Hawaii as a family! We were able to stay at the most beautiful resort in Ko'Olina and enjoy delicious dinners, amazing hikes, and wonderful company! We came a week early to enjoy a week before the chaos of golf started for the following week. We thought we would be seeing Zack's number for getting in the event get better we watched it move worse and worse each day until we realized there was no hope of us getting in the event. Zack thought his best chance of getting in the Sony at this point was doing the Monday Qualifier at Turtle Bay. Unfortunately he failed to make the 4 spots given but left feeling great about his game. As we left Ko'Olina to move locations in Wakiki I began to feel discouraged about the week and feeling somewhat out of place. We began to see friends that were in the event and feel embarrassed we were here. Then it became apparent to me that we are here for a reason God allows this to be the situation we were in and we belong here! A peace began to flood over me and a confidence knowing that God is always in control of the situation and the circumstances that surround us that we may feel we have no control over.  I found joy in encourging wives who's husbands were in the event b/c they do the same by encouraging me! I am so thankful for the relationships I have already built and the close friends/family back home that are always there for me! We are still out of the event next week by about 7 spots but are hoping that changes but if not I am going into
the week with a completely different outlook! Hawaii has been wonderful and I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend with my family!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing week, tournament or not ;). So proud for you my friend and your outlook on the situation. You guys are so blessed to have spent the week there! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet friend!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a family event to cherish and good experience. Baby steps are the best steps! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete